Computest was started by a group of friends 16 years ago. Today, this pleasant atmosphere is still there. We are nerds, but then again very sociable nerds. Many of us have healthy obsessions with tech, but that is part of our business. We are informal, friendly and prefer personal contacts. This is the best way to describe Computest. We are quite down to earth and honest. We may be a bunch of techies, but our new colleagues soon feel at home. (Certainly those who like get-togethers and the occasional joke.)
As we are growing fast, we need more techies. Would you like to join us?
What you will do as a Security Specialist
As a Computest Security Specialist you will advise organizations on the security of their IT systems. Your work may include external vulnerability assessments (pen tests), code reviews or configuration research. As a rule Computest Security provides short projects (1-2 weeks). In a short period of time, you will have to deal with many different organizations and types of applications.
- As a Security Specialist you will test web applications. These tests are a combination of manual testing and skilful use of required automatic tools.
- At the end of your investigation you will write a report with your findings to be presented to the client.
- In addition to testing web applications, you will have the opportunity to specialize in a specific area of interest, such as mobile applications, office networking, Active Directory, or cloud security (AWS/Azure).
Additional tasks medior/senior Security Specialist
Depending on your personal interests, you may carry out additional tasks as a Medior/Senior Security Specialist at Computest.
- Provide training in the field of security, both to technicians (secure development training) and to the general public (security awareness)
- Develop and improve our internal security tooling
- Act as technical account manager for regular customers
- Advise potential customers about our services
- Provide training to juniors and coaching to trainees
This is what you get
In material terms
- Attractive salary
- Permanent contract after your probationary period
- Great smartphone and laptop
- Lease car of your choice
Our training program
For the real starters there is an extensive training program. Depending on your experience, you will follow parts of it or skip it altogether.
- All specialists who start with us will be individually trained by experienced specialists, so you can master the Computest methodology. This training takes several months and is fully paid.
- The first phase of the training will be class teaching and playing challenges.
- The second phase of the training is shadow testing: you perform the same test as an experienced specialist, and afterwards we compare results.
- Only when your results match those of the experienced tester will you proceed to the third phase and work for our customers. In this phase you will still receive individual support, and your results will be checked by an experienced specialist.
- It is up to you how you spend your personal training budget
- Career support for your next step, more in-depth technical knowledge or take the security of customers to a higher level
- Instructive sessions with colleagues and peers
- Hacker meet-ups which are always interesting
- The best colleagues ever (even if we say so ourselves)
- An active Telegram chat, from #qualitytelevision to #crossfit
- Great parties, team outings, monthly get-togethers and study trips (with lots of snow...)
Good home base
- Flexible (home) working hours
- Huge game room and office gym
- Full lunch buffets prepared by our Job and Lia
And this is you
- An experienced ethical hacker, probably with some CVEs to your name
- Familiar with common vulnerabilities in web applications (e.g. cross-site scripting, cross-site request forgery, SQL injection). You can explain impacts and remedies and know what tests to use.
- An easy talker
- A tactical and strategic thinker
- Obsessed with security issues
- Ambitious and ready for a new challenge
- Analytical and sociable
- Smart and independent
- A broad basic knowledge of IT (programming, networking, databases, Linux internals)
- The skill to communicate technical findings both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of the following: Cloud Security (AWS/Azure), Active Directory security, mobile app security, OAuth / SAML, cryptography
- A higher technical education degree
- Experience with pen testing and security assessments
- Experience with tools like Burp Suite, Nessus or Nmap
We will request a certificate of conduct (VOG) and check your references. Confidentiality is most important to us.
Well, what do you think?
If you are interested, we like to meet you! Please, fill out this form and check your mail box for our invitation.