Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at developers who would like to know more about performance testing and how to use it to optimum effect within their development team. Your daily work involves developing code for applications in your organisation and/or you are part of the development street/the development team/a development team for your employer.
Why should you take this Introduction to Performance testing course?
Improving software quality starts with the development process and if you have performance targets/KPIs for your applications, it can be very worthwhile including performance in your development cycle from the start. Development teams increasingly work with Agile or with DevOps delivery, and in order to maintain both quality and speed of delivery, it is important to continually include performance in the development process too. As a developer, this course gives you the knowledge and tools you need to incorporate performance into your development cycle from the start.
After completing the course, you will have a good understanding of the what and why of security testing and you will have gained experience of the testing itself. You will be able to conduct performance testing independently.
After this course:
- You will be familiar with the concept of performance testing: why do you conduct performance testing, when do you do so and which tests, methods and tools do you use?
- You will know which kinds of results can be achieved and how you can use them in practice in order to improve your performance;
- You will have a concrete idea of how performance testing works and you will understand how it fits within your application lifecycle.
The first half of the day is about what performance testing is in general. What is it exactly, how is a performance test carried out and what are the most important aspects of a good performance testing strategy/test design? Subjects covered include:
- Performance awareness
- Which types of tests are there and what are the differences between them?
- When do you choose particular types of performance testing and which conditions are necessary to use them?
After lunch, we get to work implementing performance testing. How does this best fit within your organisation, which tools are most suitable and what do you do with the results?
In this second half, we cover the following topics:
- Which tools are there for conducting performance testing and when/in which environments/in which situations
- can they be used?
- How do you interpret the results of the different types of performance test and how do you use those
- results to improve performance?
- The role of performance monitoring within your development cycle/development team.
Training by our performance testers
The most important thing that sets our courses apart is that they are taught by our own experienced performance testers. Our trainers are first and foremost passionate performance testers who apply their skills to complex performance projects on a daily basis.
Thanks to the enthusiasm with which they communicate their knowledge and vividly illustrate it with examples and practical situations, they are highly valued as trainers. Our trainers work at and are educated to higher vocational/university level and are selected for their good communication and social skills.
Price, dates and location
The course costs €5.900 (in-company) for a maximum of 10 participants per training.
We provide a pleasant and relaxed learning environment. The courses are held at the Computest office. We have a beautiful space available for this purpose with a roof terrace, and we also serve a delicious lunch. In-company training can also be delivered at the customer location.
Tailor-made courses are always an option, for large or small groups. Thanks to the broad knowledge we have in-house, we can deliver courses for all kinds of target groups and to a very high technical standard. Courses can also be focused on a particular topic or infrastructure. As such, you will always be able to find an appropriate course or have one tailored to your needs. Please contact us to discuss the options.